Last modified on
Here are some links I find useful or interesting. They usually relate to
what I am teaching in my classes.
- XML Security Concerns
From Computerworld.com - Added May 29, 2002.
- Here is a story about problems caused by leaking e-mail and
voice mail to the public. From
Computerworld.com. Just another example of what happens when
internal control fails. - added April 19, 2002.
- 2002 and 1996 Reports to the Nation.
Two very well written reports about fraud. From
The Association of
Certified Fraud Examiners. - added April 16, 2002.
- Data Warehousing - A topic I am covering in my graduate systems class.
from Computerworld.com - added April 15, 2002.
- Internet Fraud. In class we talked a great deal about Internet fraud.
Here is a study of 16,775 reported Internet frauds. Read where problems
are likely to occur. Reduce the risk of encountering such problems. Risk
reduction - that is what internal control is all about.
- Some useful on-line tools to learn about technology in general.
- A great way to learn more about not for profit entities:
Return to Simon Petravick's Home Page